Seaward.ru

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

> Impression from the playing of this Add-On
Rad
сообщение Nov 17 2005, 14:09
Сообщение #1

матрос

I think I can say I am a frequent player of PoTC and especially the game with various versions of Builds and Modpacks. Now I started to play for the first time your AlexusB´s Add-On, so that I can do some comparing the both of it. As I can feel and experience from my short playing, both mods are completely different.
The community of PoTC modders at PiratesAhoy is completely open and anybody can become a modder and almost anybody can put into game his/her mods and ideas which I think isn´t good system because various people has various tastes and opinions on various matters what about the game concerns and I think all the quality of Builds and Modpacks suffer by that quite significantly. By my opinion there almost don´t exist any conception how this game and modding should look like in the future and what are the main goals of all this modding. Speaking it a little differently it seems to me all this modding of Builds and Modpacks don´t have any concrete conception and everything proceed spontaneusly and in an uncoordinately way. When I play the PoTC with Builds I play all the time the same game with stupid plot about the Black pearl. The game is still the same, fortunately with many good improvements, but anyway it is all the time the same game.

On the other hand when I started to play this AlexusB´s Add-On, I immediately have felt I am in completely new and different game. I am very glad the game is hard for playing and despite of that well balanced ( as I can see so far) and that your community of modders is somehow close (I think) because the more modders do mods for this game the more bugs and strange ideas are implemented into the game that are anyway discarded in the end after some time. I like your new music, interface, very advanced system of enhancing of heroes and so on. Only it seems to me the game is somehow unstable and vulnerable for crashing at least at my computer. Mybe it is caused by combination of my English version of the game and your Russian Add-On, I don´t know. But I think I am able to settle up with that. What I like very much here is playing cards and cubs ( poker system) in the taverns for money. It is really great performed and designed and it is some good way to get money at lest in the early stadium of playing. I am amazed because of extent of jungles of island where I almost lost at Hispaniola. And the maps are very good aids here too. I can´t say much more so far because I am playing only very short time so far but this Add-On looks very professionally. So, I think I will return here after receiving some my further experiences. smile.gif worthy.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
5 страниц V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ответов(1 - 19)
ALexusB
сообщение Nov 17 2005, 14:53
Сообщение #2

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

Seaward TeamЖелезный Профессор

Thanks for your words
My thoughts about Build 1x are the same. Too bad strategy to make real projects

I have no english version so cannot take expiriments on it.

You have to delete some folders before start instaltion

seadog2\MODULES\
seadog2\Program\
seadog2\RESOURCE\INI\
seadog2\RESOURCE\QUESTSTEXT\
must be kiled!

and kill all file (not dir) from root of the game

Then start instalation (set russion in your windows like second language for ability to read message)

Make new install, see no error massage (it have one, please, copy log mesages and attach here as file)
Then test stability of game - we have no problem with regular voluntary crush
+Quote Post
сообщение Nov 17 2005, 21:56
Сообщение #3

Гость

Цитата
The community of PoTC modders at PiratesAhoy is completely open and anybody can become a modder and almost anybody can put into game his/her mods and ideas which I think isn´t good system because various people has various tastes and opinions on various matters what about the game concerns and I think all the quality of Builds and Modpacks suffer by that quite significantly. By my opinion there almost don´t exist any conception how this game and modding should look like in the future and what are the main goals of all this modding. Speaking it a little differently it seems to me all this modding of Builds and Modpacks don´t have any concrete conception and everything proceed spontaneusly and in an uncoordinately way. When I play the PoTC with Builds I play all the time the same game with stupid plot about the Black pearl. The game is still the same, fortunately with many good improvements, but anyway it is all the time the same game.

I agree with you but i think Build is not meant to be totally new game. Its just a "little improvement" pack for people who wants some changes and new some new stuff to the game. So i could say that they wrestle in different categories, if you know what i mean...5.gif
+Quote Post
сообщение Nov 17 2005, 21:57
Сообщение #4

Предупреждения:
(0%) -----

Цитата(Guest @ Nov 17 2005, 20:56)
I agree with you but i think Build is not meant to be totally new game. Its just a "little improvement" pack for people who wants some changes and new some new stuff to the game. So i could say that they wrestle in different categories, if you know what i mean...5.gif

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 18 2005, 01:29
Сообщение #5

матрос

Hi Alex. I am glad we have the same opinion on this Add-On because this way its constant high level for the future will be assured.
After my reinstallation of the game it works well so far. I saved these important files because I was advised but some good people from this website about it.
And befor my new installation I always delete all the directory Bethesda Softworks manually too. Only one thing seems to me somehow strange that cannons shoot very poorly and only on very short distance. But I only started the game and maybe this shooting and range will improve substantially in the course of playing. And reloading times are endless. The skilful cannoneers were able to reload cannons in the course of about 1 minute. I put here some link with original historical data of English ordnance from 17th century. There are many important datas of cannons and max ranges in paces too. The best culverines shot at the distance about 1500 meters.
I sent you my private message about translation. Did you read it ? Could you help me somehow?
Dway, I think many players and modders from PiratesAhoy don´t like the main storyline of the game and Builds but they are´t able to to do anything about it because it is difficult for them exchange all the conception of the game. smile.gif

http://www.portsdown.demon.co.uk/ord.htm
+Quote Post
bullet
сообщение Nov 18 2005, 04:52
Сообщение #6

Старый пират

Ветеран ФорумаЗаслуженный КорсарЗнаток Игр Сиварда

Из: Петроград

Цитата(Rad @ Nov 18 2005, 01:29)
Only one thing seems to me somehow strange that cannons shoot very poorly and only on very short distance.

Shoot distance depends on cannons calibre. In addition, there is a difference among an amunition types - i mean bombs, cannon-balls, etc... So to be able shooting farther you need to have bigger cannons or use another amunition. It's up to you.
Цитата(Rad @ Nov 18 2005, 01:29)
I put here some link with original historical data of English ordnance from 17th century. There are many important datas of cannons and max ranges in paces too.  The best culverines shot at the distance about 1500 meters. 

You're right... But it's quite difficult to match historical facts to the gameplay. smile.gif Consider it as a simplified approach to the age.. smile.gif
+Quote Post
ALexusB
сообщение Nov 18 2005, 10:34
Сообщение #7

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

Set other propertes in the game to change cannon realisation.
We have 2 defferent type of plaing cannon (so 4 types tolal)

Check setup form

"Режим пушек" (Cannon types) - only for new game
"Линейный" (Line grow distance)
"Нелинейный" (unline grow distance)

"Режим плавания" (Sailing Mode) - can be change in game process
"Быстрый бой" (quick cannon recharge, fast turn)
"Медленный бой" (slow cannon recharge and turn)
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 18 2005, 11:41
Сообщение #8

матрос

Can you explain me what´s difference between settings line grow distance and unline grow distance? I can´t try it now. smile.gif
+Quote Post
ALexusB
сообщение Nov 18 2005, 12:09
Сообщение #9

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

see cannon distance in shipyard change cannon mode
Start game twice and compare
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 22 2005, 16:16
Сообщение #10

матрос

Hi, all. As I am proceeding with playing this Add-On I am more and more in discomfiture about it. As a regular PoTC and Sea Dogs player I am accustomed to something different. It seems to me all the playing is very lengthy especially on the sea. When I started the game it took me practically 10 minutes after my cannons was reloaded. I think even very unskilful crew would manage it in quite shorter time. Even now when I am a little more skilful the reloading is very, very slow, especially when crew is somehow reduced. And the balistics of the cannons is as though it would be carronades or some mortars that shoot and not long barrel guns. Skilful British crew was able to reload guns in the course of 1 minute. And culverines could shoot at the distances up to 1550 meter and these cannons are´t able amost to reach even the distance about 300 meters. When I am chased by some ships it takes maybe 15 minutes after I reach this adjusted needed distance of 700 meters for going to the map. What should I do in those time ? Go to drink my coffe? I am not able to drink so many cups of coffee. I think the distance 500 meters could be sufficient. The consumtion of provisions by crew seems to me very exaggerated. It seems to me that crew would be able to eat up all the capacity of cargo in quite short time if I would have loaded only this provisions. Why isn´t here here some function of accelereation of time that could be used in the course of walking through endless and all the time the same jungles or in the course of escaping from any chasing ship? Or maybe this acceleration of time is somewhere and I overlooked it? All of this and some other issues as various penalties and frequent losing of money and so on lowering for me the playability and amusement of the game, but especially all the toilsome and too little action sea fighting. On the other hand all skirmishes and fencing seems to me very good and well balanced. They are tough, especially in the beginning of playing but all is somehow manageable. I am sorry that I have to write it but it is a sensation, viewing and opinion of player that very likes this type of games. But it is only my personal opinion and I can understand that other people can have different opinion of those matters. wink.gif
+Quote Post
lis+
сообщение Nov 22 2005, 16:42
Сообщение #11

Кэп

Ветеран ФорумаЗаслуженный Корсар
Из: Рига

Цитата
When I started the game it took me practically 10 minutes after my guns was reloaded

The reload time depends on the skill level of Canon and Accuracy. Trust me, the more Canons level is the faster canons will be reloaded. But now I can advice you to use acceleration button "+" on the right side of your keyboard, or to set Arcade mode if you like it.
Цитата
Even now when I am a little more skilful the reloading is very, very slow, especially when crew is a little reduced

In the new version won't be such a situation. But now you may transport slaves all the time and when your crew is not max you can add slaves (You know how to do it, aren't you?). Also you can take always companions and use his crew.
Цитата
Why isn´t here here some function of accelereation

"+" don't work?

Good luck and be patient. The Game is difficult and that is why we love it smile.gif
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 22 2005, 17:14
Сообщение #12

матрос

Hi, Smart Fox. You know, I don´t like too so as the game was easy. The Builds are too easy by my opinion. And I really overlooked this great acceleration button "+" and I will be using it from time to time (rather more frequently). 1.gif
But because I don´t like slavery and anything similar I think I will never use slaves on my ships. I can´t only reconcile with very short ( and by my opinion unrealistic) range of cannos here. Are these ranges of canons increasing in the course of improving skills of shoting too? What is the arcade mode? Where can be adjusted and can be exchange in the course of current game or it must be adjusted before starting of playing? smile.gif
+Quote Post
lis+
сообщение Nov 22 2005, 17:36
Сообщение #13

Кэп

Ветеран ФорумаЗаслуженный Корсар
Из: Рига

Hi. Please, don't translate my nick. Write xitriy_lis or хитрый лис if you like.
Цитата
Are these ranges of canons increasing in the course of improving skills of shoting too

Range don't depend on skills.
When you start new game, you see that there are 2 different modes of shooting.
1) Linear. The higher the calibre, the longer is the range of gun and the bigger is the reload time.
2) Realistic/Non linear. Range and time depend on calibre. The longest range has the 24p guns
But cannons and couleuvrins has different range and reload time. So choose what you like more.
You can switch those modes during the game.
Цитата
What is the arcade mode

There are also two type of sailing:
1) Slow/realistic
2) arcade. Guns shootes faster. But enemy's guns will also shoot faster smile.gif

You can also switch those modes during the game. But better do it starting new game wink.gif
+Quote Post
bullet
сообщение Nov 22 2005, 19:55
Сообщение #14

Старый пират

Hi, Rad
What the awful things you're describing ! ohmy.gif smile.gif
Below is an answer on your question about cannons. Speed of loading is strongly linked to the crew. To maximize reloading time you should have completed crew.
Can you imagine that 10 guys make 20 cannons charged during 30 sec? wink.gif smile.gif I can't smile.gif
Цитата(Rad @ Nov 22 2005, 16:16)
especially when crew is somehow reduced.

- Actually, your sailors are not so hungry. Consumption is 1 outer of food for 10 guys a day.
- When a ship is chasing you while the wind is poor, it takes you quite a long time to escape. So use acceleration mode or get a battle smile.gif
- Unfortunately, there are no any other types of cannons in the Add-on, except the ones you've seen.
- If you (or your officer) have got perk called "Увеличенное расстояние выстрела", then shoot distance might be increased by 15%. But that's it.
- All settings you want you should make before the new game started.
- Regarding arcade/realistic mode. It's all about sailing. Arcade mode means you manage your ship the same manner as your car.
Realistic mode puts in the game many things you cant do in the live - set sails within 1 sec, make immediate evolutions... So sailing takes more time, especially when you're fighting. But on the other hand your enemies have been put in the same frames, so haven't any competitive advantages from this perspective.

As a summary...
Don't be in a hurry taking a ship, which doesn't fit your skills - you'll be very disappointed with penalties.
Be brave - get battles. You'll develop your skills quickly.
If you're not satisfied with something in the game play, firstly try to analyse it from reality point of view. Am sure, you can get an answer on many things, which make you feel uncomfortable... smile.gif

PS There is one more option, of course. It's questions put onto our forum smile.gif smile.gif
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 23 2005, 00:17
Сообщение #15

матрос

Hi, Bullet. Tell me why these cannons were programmed here the way that shoot at the distance only about 300 meters if in reality cannons shot at the distance about 1000 - 1550 meters? I tried to exchange several things in Cannons_init.c but it seems to me nothing happens in the game after my changes as though this file was somehow blocked. Or must be these changes somehow intiated?
And what about reloading times concerns I would await that with decreasing crew number the reload times will be prolonged linearly up to the minimum crew number. Then I would await the reloading times will decrease more distinctly. But it isn´t so as it is in Sea Dogs, basic PoTC, Builds and so on. Even little decreasing crew prolong reloading time exscessively. wink.gif
+Quote Post
bullet
сообщение Nov 23 2005, 00:39
Сообщение #16

Старый пират

Цитата(Rad @ Nov 23 2005, 00:17)
Hi, Bullet. Tell me why these cannons were programmed here the way that  shoot at the distance only about 300 meters if in reality cannons shot at the distance  about 1000 - 1550 meters? I tried to exchange several things in Cannons_init.c but it seems to me nothing happens in the game after my changes as though this file was somehow blocked. Or must be these changes somehow intiated?

Oh, come on! smile.gif Some cannons are able to shoot at 500 meters (feet?) distance.The problem is a maximal allowed calibre for selected ship type. Higher sailing skill leads an access to the better ships... smile.gif
About changes within ini-files... Dont know, really... I suspect, the game is not friendly to users regarding such changes... sad.gif
Цитата(Rad @ Nov 23 2005, 00:17)
Even little decreasing crew prolong  reloading time exscessively.  wink.gif

That's right. To be honest, being a tester I dont keep in my mind all dependences and fomulas... sad.gif It seems to me, the dependence of reloading is not linearly changing in terms of crew.
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 23 2005, 01:21
Сообщение #17

матрос

Bullet, can you explain me why my penalties are increasing all the time? I am not aware of anything bad what I would do just now. I even stop to fight with skeletons but nothing is helping. I only smuggle frequently but it is my the most favorite activity. I have for example skill in heavy sword 62 (-40). What this means exactly? Is it equivalent of 62 - 40 = 22? I hope not. Can be all these penalties removed? 1.gif
+Quote Post
bullet
сообщение Nov 23 2005, 01:37
Сообщение #18

Старый пират

Цитата(Rad @ Nov 23 2005, 01:21)
Bullet, can you explain me why my penalties are increasing all the time? I am not aware of anything bad what I would do just now. I even stop to fight with skeletons but nothing is helping. I only smuggle frequently but it is my the most favorite activity. I have for example skill in heavy sword 62 (-40). What this means exactly?  Is it equivalent of 62 - 40 = 22?

Yes it is. smile.gif Such huge penalties usually appear when a ship doesn't match sailing skill, or when hero's health suffers with a regular injuries. You'd better to put here couple of screen shots. The first one with info about hero's characteristics and skills. And the second with his own ship info. Then i could easely determine what problem you faced... I believe... smile.gif
Can be all these penalties removed?  1.gif

Everything is possible... smile.gif
+Quote Post
Strelok
сообщение Nov 23 2005, 10:03
Сообщение #19

капер

Из: Москва

Bullet, can you explain me why my penalties are increasing all the time? I am not aware of anything bad what I would do just now. I even stop to fight with skeletons but nothing is helping. I only smuggle frequently but it is my the most favorite activity. I have for example skill in heavy sword 62 (-40). What this means exactly?  Is it equivalent of 62 - 40 = 22? I hope not. Can be all these penalties removed?  1.gif

sad.gif doh.gif Try to check your health. If you have to fight a lot during smuggling and your health diminishes then you may get negative points, too. mellow.gif
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 23 2005, 22:04
Сообщение #20

матрос

So that if I am trying to fight with patroling ship or ships after doing my smuggling, so I can receive some penalties for that? ohmy.gif
+Quote Post

5 страниц V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic