Seaward.ru

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

> Problem Installing SLiB
сообщение Nov 23 2005, 21:11
Сообщение #1

Предупреждения:
(0%) -----

When i run the the setup_addon.exe, tick the "I Agree" box, insert the path to my PotC directory and then press Start Install, it says: "Cannot move file: Cannot read the source file or the disk". Then it popus a new windows that says: "Cancelled"

It dids it three times and then the setup_addon.exe is not responding.

I have unticked both Read-Only from the properties of the addon installation folder and the PotC directory.

What should i do?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ответов(1 - 16)
bullet
сообщение Nov 23 2005, 23:19
Сообщение #2

Старый пират

Ветеран ФорумаЗаслуженный КорсарЗнаток Игр Сиварда

Из: Петроград

2Dway
Have you looked through THIS topic? Maybe there are some solutions of the problem you faced?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
сообщение Jan 6 2006, 20:42
Сообщение #3

Предупреждения:
(0%) -----

Hello First i want to say thank you for everyone that has and is still putting work into this modification. I cant wait to get into the world.

I am having the same issue like the first poster.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Strelok
сообщение Jan 6 2006, 21:28
Сообщение #4

капер

Из: Москва

Цитата(klysto @ Jan 6 2006, 20:42) *

Hello First i want to say thank you for everyone that has and is still putting work into this modification. I cant wait to get into the world.

I am having the same issue like the first poster.

Go to section ENGLISH VERSION, post number 8 by AlexusB. Perhaps, it will make you life easier. This section is for questions about the problems with installation.
+Quote Post
сообщение Jan 6 2006, 22:04
Сообщение #5

Предупреждения:
(0%) -----

This post is in the English Version section. That 8th post you told me to check out had nothing about install. Was mainly about cannon ranges/reload. I just got it to work by manually extracting each one. Is there a certain place that the npc_ config settings supposed to go and the settup_addon_base stuff. I ran the game withought those in the directory and one of the starting characters has no Picture.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Strelok
сообщение Jan 6 2006, 22:54
Сообщение #6

капер

Цитата(klysto @ Jan 6 2006, 22:04) *

This post is in the English Version section. That 8th post you told me to check out had nothing about install. Was mainly about cannon ranges/reload. I just got it to work by manually extracting each one. Is there a certain place that the npc_ config settings supposed to go and the settup_addon_base stuff. I ran the game withought those in the directory and one of the starting characters has no Picture.

Try this address for the basic version of the SLiB http://legend.seaward.ru/eng/index.html. In section which is called English Version just below this one in the forum, in its english version you shall find additions for theSLIB translated into English. So far the work realted to translation is going on well, although pretty slow.
New english interface and something else is in the post 15 by Alexus. Again the name of the section is ENglish Version. smile.gif As for your question try to send a personal letter to one of moderators: AlexusB or delamer. Their addresses you may discover from the forum, just look into the avtars with the names.
+Quote Post
сообщение Jan 31 2006, 07:56
Сообщение #7

Гость

while install slib on to my computer I get Cabneit file does not have the correct format [0X0002]
what is this mean Please help me
+Quote Post
TAHAT
сообщение Feb 2 2006, 14:25
Сообщение #8

Подвергающий ласкам

Ветеран ФорумаЗаслуженный Корсар
Из: Бердск, НСО

The error message means *.slb-files are corrupted (some errors occured during download process)... Please, download corrupted files again... Use a download-manager to avoid file corruption...
+Quote Post
Oldtimer
сообщение Mar 13 2006, 16:19
Сообщение #9

Гость

Hi all,

I have just installed tha Alexus addon(succesfully unpacked it claims) but when I want to start game I get the following message:

- cannot start this program as STORMEXT.dll could not be found. The problem may possibly be solved by reinstall.

What I have in the POTC folder is a stormex2.dll no 1.9.4.46. Is there a solution for this? The base game is english, bought in Sweden. Notebook, Intel Mobile Pentium 750, Mobility Radeon 600, XP Pro. Enough memory. BTW I extracted the russian fonts into POTC main folder.

If someone is able to help please try to explain simply and step by step as I am a complete computer dummy.

Regards, Oldtimer
+Quote Post
navy
сообщение Mar 13 2006, 16:37
Сообщение #10

Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

Seaward TeamВетеран ФорумаЗаслуженный Корсар

Из: Волгоград

Ok... First, you need to install clear PotC (it is a good idea to install it with short path i.e. "C:\Games\PotC" without spaces) game and download these files
| data1.slb 1.6 Мб | data2.slb 66.5 Мб | data3.slb 2.0 Мб | setup.rar 0.45 Мб |
Place them in some folder and unpack setup.rar in it.
Then run setup_addon.exe file, select I Agree, chose "path to game" and press "install game"
You need to wait some time, depends your computer.... When it says "All fine" just start game whits Engine.exe or shortcut of original game
+Quote Post
Гость
сообщение Mar 16 2006, 16:33
Сообщение #11

Гость

Hi Navy,

and thx for your help.

Unfortunately, with autoinstall I can only install the game to a Bethesda main folder and POTC is a subfolder there, with full spelling.
Anyway it won`t work. I`ll try a reinstall, but I suspect that the path to stormex gets broken in my specific hardware/software setup. But I do not know how to check it and more importantly, how to fix it.

Regards, Oldtimer
+Quote Post
navy
сообщение Mar 16 2006, 17:03
Сообщение #12

Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

Seaward TeamВетеран ФорумаЗаслуженный Корсар

Из: Волгоград

Цитата
Unfortunately, with autoinstall I can only install the game to a Bethesda main folder and POTC

After installing, you can simply move game in any folder you like. That is not important for the addon, except said above.

It realy strange that missing stormext.dll. We'll check installation files
+Quote Post
Strelok
сообщение Mar 16 2006, 17:59
Сообщение #13

капер

[quote name='Oldtimer' date='Mar 13 2006, 16:19' post='101507']
Hi all,

I have just installed tha Alexus addon(succesfully unpacked it claims) but when I want to start game I get the following message:

- cannot start this program as STORMEXT.dll could not be found. The problem may possibly be solved by reinstall.

For better instruction in respect of the game installation and beginning try to read FAQ in the SLiB site in English. If yopu follw all instructions precisely then it shall be fine and you can proceed furtehr with the game. Just remember one thing: first you install the base (the upper set of the files) and after that upgrade (beneath them). After that you may install files for towns and a boat. It is all pretty well described in the FAQ. After accepting the AlexusB's statement with a dot do not forget to show the path to the game for example C:\POTC\etc. It must work fine.
+Quote Post
Гость
сообщение Mar 22 2006, 11:29
Сообщение #14

Гость

Hi Strelok,

thanks, I didn`t realize that you had to install both sets of files. Game seems to work now.
It`s really challenging, even on "bosman" level.

Regards, Oldtimer
+Quote Post
Strelok
сообщение Mar 22 2006, 12:01
Сообщение #15

капер

Цитата(Гость @ Mar 22 2006, 11:29) *

Hi Strelok,

thanks, I didn`t realize that you had to install both sets of files. Game seems to work now.
It`s really challenging, even on "bosman" level.

Regards, Oldtimer

smile.gif I can assure you that it is challengeing at al levels smile.gif Do not forget to install additional resoureces for towns and a boat. They do have any special impact upon the game itself but make it more attractive. Next time reade FAQ carefully. 1.gif
+Quote Post
Гость
сообщение Mar 22 2006, 12:07
Сообщение #16

Гость

Цитата(Strelok @ Mar 22 2006, 12:01) *

smile.gif I can assure you that it is challengeing at al levels smile.gif Do not forget to install additional resoureces for towns and a boat. They do have any special impact upon the game itself but make it more attractive. Next time reade FAQ carefully. 1.gif

Hi again Strelok,

I did read it carefully. But the language used made me believe that the lower set of files should be used separately to upgrade an older independent version of the addon.

Regards, Oldtimer
+Quote Post
Strelok
сообщение Mar 27 2006, 09:12
Сообщение #17

капер

Цитата(Гость @ Mar 22 2006, 11:07) *

Hi again Strelok,

I did read it carefully. But the language used made me believe that the lower set of files should be used separately to upgrade an older independent version of the addon.

Regards, Oldtimer

smile.gif There are two sets of files in the download. The upper one is the the main basic set of files to set up the Add-on upon the original game of POTC. Below it there is the set of files to upgrade the basic game up to as certain version (01.24 this time). Below the set with the upgrade there are files for installation of towns and their resources. Instal first the towns and after that resources. They must be installed together. If the resources are not installed then instead of a picture with towns you will see a black screen. Below the files with towns there is a download of files to install a boat. When it is installed into the game you shall see sailors sitting in the boat when you are going to sail off. smile.gif In fact, installation of new towns and the boat is not considered as an upgrade. If you don't want to install them - you are welcome. But the picture is more presentable after their installation. drinks_cheers.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic