Seaward.ru

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

> Impression from the playing of this Add-On
Rad
сообщение Nov 17 2005, 14:09
Сообщение #1

матрос

I think I can say I am a frequent player of PoTC and especially the game with various versions of Builds and Modpacks. Now I started to play for the first time your AlexusB´s Add-On, so that I can do some comparing the both of it. As I can feel and experience from my short playing, both mods are completely different.
The community of PoTC modders at PiratesAhoy is completely open and anybody can become a modder and almost anybody can put into game his/her mods and ideas which I think isn´t good system because various people has various tastes and opinions on various matters what about the game concerns and I think all the quality of Builds and Modpacks suffer by that quite significantly. By my opinion there almost don´t exist any conception how this game and modding should look like in the future and what are the main goals of all this modding. Speaking it a little differently it seems to me all this modding of Builds and Modpacks don´t have any concrete conception and everything proceed spontaneusly and in an uncoordinately way. When I play the PoTC with Builds I play all the time the same game with stupid plot about the Black pearl. The game is still the same, fortunately with many good improvements, but anyway it is all the time the same game.

On the other hand when I started to play this AlexusB´s Add-On, I immediately have felt I am in completely new and different game. I am very glad the game is hard for playing and despite of that well balanced ( as I can see so far) and that your community of modders is somehow close (I think) because the more modders do mods for this game the more bugs and strange ideas are implemented into the game that are anyway discarded in the end after some time. I like your new music, interface, very advanced system of enhancing of heroes and so on. Only it seems to me the game is somehow unstable and vulnerable for crashing at least at my computer. Mybe it is caused by combination of my English version of the game and your Russian Add-On, I don´t know. But I think I am able to settle up with that. What I like very much here is playing cards and cubs ( poker system) in the taverns for money. It is really great performed and designed and it is some good way to get money at lest in the early stadium of playing. I am amazed because of extent of jungles of island where I almost lost at Hispaniola. And the maps are very good aids here too. I can´t say much more so far because I am playing only very short time so far but this Add-On looks very professionally. So, I think I will return here after receiving some my further experiences. smile.gif worthy.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
5 страниц V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ответов(20 - 39)
bullet
сообщение Nov 23 2005, 22:36
Сообщение #21

Старый пират

Ветеран ФорумаЗаслуженный КорсарЗнаток Игр Сиварда

Из: Петроград

Цитата(Rad @ Nov 23 2005, 22:04)
So that if I am trying to fight with patroling ship or ships after doing my smuggling, so I can receive some penalties for that?  ohmy.gif

Rad,
Forget about smuggling as a source of penalties! Your health suffers from hand-to-hand fighting only.
And what about screen shots? Can you put them here?
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 24 2005, 00:24
Сообщение #22

матрос

Here it is. wink.gif

+Quote Post
bullet
сообщение Nov 24 2005, 00:29
Сообщение #23

Старый пират

Цитата(Rad @ Nov 24 2005, 00:24)
Here it is.  wink.gif

Where? blink.gif A-a-a-a! And another one with your ship?
Preliminary, your health is not perfect, buddy! Go to the priest immediately! You have enough money to pay for cure... Or alternatively you can go to a perlor house several times wink.gif smile.gif It's in Nevis.
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 24 2005, 01:28
Сообщение #24

матрос

I addded it above. smile.gif
+Quote Post
bullet
сообщение Nov 24 2005, 09:09
Сообщение #25

Старый пират

Oh, everything is clear now! To manage different ships without penalties your (or your officer) sailing skill should be performed in accordance to the table below.
I marked the current requirements by red there.

6th class: 1-24
5th class: 25-39
4th class: 40-64
3rd class: 65-79
2nd class: 80-94
1st class: 95-100

Your sailing is not enough. So check your officers' (if any) performance. If their sailing is also underperformed, then you should hire another (additional) guy with appropriate sailing skill.
Or change your ship... sad.gif
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 24 2005, 13:36
Сообщение #26

матрос

Do you mean the navigation kills? I have one officer who has navigation skills 46 but it is still little, as I can see here. I will try to do somehing about it. And why 2 officers abandoned me already? Is it normal state here? Thanks for advice. wink.gif
+Quote Post
navy
сообщение Nov 24 2005, 13:49
Сообщение #27

Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

Seaward TeamВетеран ФорумаЗаслуженный Корсар

Из: Волгоград

Цитата(Rad @ Nov 24 2005, 13:36)
Do you mean the navigation kills? I have one officer who has navigation skills 46 but it is still little, as I can see here.  I will try to do somehing about it.  And why 2 officers abandoned me already? Is it normal state here? Thanks for advice.  wink.gif

Navigation grows in battles very well smile.gif
Do you mean that officers leave you? Than it is normal if they don't like your actions. Like making a contraband whith good reputation officer. You can see his attitude to your character on his form (interface) Looks like old expiriens progress bar
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 24 2005, 16:53
Сообщение #28

матрос

After I boarded and defeat some ships I couldn´t use any of my two officers as a commandor of defeated ship. There must be some special officer - first mate officer or something like that? I think I never met such officer yet. And I wanted to dismiss one of my officers and hire some better one but this released officer is still with me and doesn´t want to disappear and in the meantime the new officer, better in navigation, disappeared from tavern. unsure.gif
+Quote Post
bullet
сообщение Nov 24 2005, 17:30
Сообщение #29

Старый пират

Цитата(Rad @ Nov 24 2005, 16:53)
After I boarded and defeat some ships I couldn´t  use any of my two officers as a commandor of defeated ship. There must be some special officer - first mate officer or something like that? I think I never met such  officer yet. And I wanted to dismiss one of my officers and hire some better one but this released officer is still with me and doesn´t want to disappear and in the meantime the new officer,  better in navigation, disappeared from tavern.  unsure.gif

An officer should have a title "First deputy" ("Первый помощник") to be appointed as a commandor on the occupied ship. You can find the title under officers' avatar (F2).

There is one additional parameter in the game. It's called "Reputation". You can find the current reputation of your hero/officer above their avatars.
The reputation of your hero changes in accordance to his daily business. From the "dirty rotten scandrel and even worse" to the "hero".
If the hero preffers murder of citizens, smuggling, fort occupation, looting etc, then his reputation drops down. If hero's "core" business is rescue of women in jungles, help to gouvernors/church, then his reputation becomes better...
Reputation of officers is unchangeable.
If hero's daily business doesn't fit officer philosophy (reputation), then he leaves your hero defenately. Under officer avatar you can find a "loyalty bar".

Each officer tries to leave the hero from time to time, even the hero does "right" things (from officer point of view). If it happened, then this officer would like to get an extra bonus (money) from hero. If you pay him, then the officer will stay with hero.
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 24 2005, 18:39
Сообщение #30

матрос

Hm, and how can I kict out him? I talked to him I don´t need his services anymore but he doesn´t want to go. huh.gif
+Quote Post
bullet
сообщение Nov 24 2005, 20:40
Сообщение #31

Старый пират

Цитата(Rad @ Nov 24 2005, 18:39)
Hm, and how can I kict out him? I talked to him I don´t need his services anymore but he doesn´t want to go.  huh.gif

blink.gif Are you sure you're choosing right sentence in the last dialog? I mean, you said "you're fired, man!" Then the last dialog window ("Are you sure???") appears. There are two options:
1. Yep, am sure!
2. No, I've changed my mind.
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 24 2005, 20:55
Сообщение #32

матрос

I tried both options but I will try once again. I can understand Russian partially, I studied your language at school for about 12 years but it was very, very long time ago already. smile.gif
+Quote Post
ALexusB
сообщение Nov 24 2005, 21:02
Сообщение #33

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

Seaward TeamЖелезный Профессор

What do you mean about "He didn't go away"?
Does offiser leave your party (F2\passangers) and stay in this location or he stay your officer after been fired?

=====
About cannon range

Can you recall range of cannon from original PotC game?

What do you mean about too short distance?

We have 260-550 distance now - it is real range for navy battale with balance (AI and etc.)
Some cannon (48f) can shot a mile long range but thees cannons only for forts

Did you try change option too up dinamics of your plaing?
We have it yet so if you use no of it who cares? smile.gif
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 24 2005, 22:12
Сообщение #34

матрос

Alex, I put here again some historical datas what about range of cannons concerns. There is English ordnance from middle of 17the century and in table second there are the max ranges of cannons in paces. One pace is about 0.75 meter, so you can see very easily from it how those ranges were and as I wrote several times here from about 1000 to 1550 meters.

http://www.portsdown.demon.co.uk/ord.htm

And not only that, but long barrel cannons shoot here rather as carronades or some mortars, the balisitc trajectory is very high and I think it should be much more flat and visually these shooting cannons looks as though they wouldn´t any force of penetration.

I am not able to change anything now because I am in the game already. But I think this option in the game is only cosmetic one and not any substantial change of ranges.

By the way, what this warn: 0% under my name represents? It means that I am somehow troublesome when I politely express my opinion?

What about officer concerns. I kicked out him but he didn´t disappeared from the passanger menu. But maybe I did it somehow wrongly so, I will check it again. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 25 2005, 03:17
Сообщение #35

матрос

The kicking out officers works already for me. smile.gif
+Quote Post
ALexusB
сообщение Nov 25 2005, 10:24
Сообщение #36

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

I mean - Do you remember cannon range from ORIGINAL game (is there 1500 meters or some smaller)?
Histiry and balance are different things

We check some other history texts and find our way to set ranges for calibres in game

Try to change Slow Fast Navy Battle - it will work in old game - and it speed up your dinamic of the plaing.

0% under your name means warning to user.
0 is all ok 100 is all bad
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 25 2005, 11:37
Сообщение #37

матрос

Never mind. I am playing it anyway. I wanted only so as you have some different opinion from man who plays this Add-On for the first time.

The only last qustion. Why do you think, if you would somehow increase the ranges of cannons and do their balisitics more flat and reloading times would decrease proportionally with crew decreasing up to minimum needed crew number and only after that the reloading times would decrease more extensively, the ballance of the Add-On would be disrupted somehow? I think if you would do that this would influence hero´s ship but all hostile and all friendly ships too so that by my opinion nothing would change what about the ballance of the game concens. If you do that I think the game would be even more amusing if battles would proceed in more action way when ships could shoot each other on longer distances and reloading times would be adjusted more favourably too.

So, on that I would rather finish talking about this cannons issue. I respect completely the fact it is your Add-On and you can do what you want about it and I never have wanted to compel you to anything or impose any my opinions on you and I hope I won´t bother you anymore about that. As I said already, I only wanted to tell you my opinion on that. So, please, don´t be angry at me or bitter somehow about me, there is still many great things in this Add-On for me and it is really worthy of playing. smile.gif
+Quote Post
ALexusB
сообщение Nov 25 2005, 13:35
Сообщение #38

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

Cannons mod in Build is only version of my first (2003 y.) mod - "Cannon AI". So I compare with original not Build now (I did see last Build)
We have some option to use. Did you check them all or you still "think" about check? You opinion is correct but you use THIS mode of game. I cannot make speed up rechage cannon course I DID it YET.
I like dinamyc battle myself so I use anoter option in game setup.
But some of players want to be in slow mode and they can be to want it!

Some changes will be in next version
Ships now have new parameter - optimal crew - is meaning max crew to recharge cannon. And max crew will be for second use (like slaves now or for biger abord crew).
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 25 2005, 14:07
Сообщение #39

матрос

Thanks Alex for your help. As I just had a look at my adjusting I had set liner cannons and prolonged battle ( it is strange because I tried to set up fast battle before I started to play the game). Anyway I set up now nonlinear cannons and fast battle and I will see what and how it will change. I hope it will work in my current game because I wouldn´t want in any case to start playing from the beginning now because I am quite deeply in the game already. But several times I tried to switch off this paying for save/ load but every time when I open this menu this issue is selected again. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 25 2005, 15:09
Сообщение #40

матрос

I tried this new adjusting and it is better now for me. Nonlinear cannons and fast battle. The speed of my ship and her maneuverablility is much better even reloading is much better. The problem was I though I have set up fast battle and in the meantime I have adjusted slow battle. thumbsup.gif
+Quote Post

5 страниц V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic