Seaward.ru

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

> Impression from the playing of this Add-On
Rad
сообщение Nov 17 2005, 14:09
Сообщение #1

матрос

I think I can say I am a frequent player of PoTC and especially the game with various versions of Builds and Modpacks. Now I started to play for the first time your AlexusB´s Add-On, so that I can do some comparing the both of it. As I can feel and experience from my short playing, both mods are completely different.
The community of PoTC modders at PiratesAhoy is completely open and anybody can become a modder and almost anybody can put into game his/her mods and ideas which I think isn´t good system because various people has various tastes and opinions on various matters what about the game concerns and I think all the quality of Builds and Modpacks suffer by that quite significantly. By my opinion there almost don´t exist any conception how this game and modding should look like in the future and what are the main goals of all this modding. Speaking it a little differently it seems to me all this modding of Builds and Modpacks don´t have any concrete conception and everything proceed spontaneusly and in an uncoordinately way. When I play the PoTC with Builds I play all the time the same game with stupid plot about the Black pearl. The game is still the same, fortunately with many good improvements, but anyway it is all the time the same game.

On the other hand when I started to play this AlexusB´s Add-On, I immediately have felt I am in completely new and different game. I am very glad the game is hard for playing and despite of that well balanced ( as I can see so far) and that your community of modders is somehow close (I think) because the more modders do mods for this game the more bugs and strange ideas are implemented into the game that are anyway discarded in the end after some time. I like your new music, interface, very advanced system of enhancing of heroes and so on. Only it seems to me the game is somehow unstable and vulnerable for crashing at least at my computer. Mybe it is caused by combination of my English version of the game and your Russian Add-On, I don´t know. But I think I am able to settle up with that. What I like very much here is playing cards and cubs ( poker system) in the taverns for money. It is really great performed and designed and it is some good way to get money at lest in the early stadium of playing. I am amazed because of extent of jungles of island where I almost lost at Hispaniola. And the maps are very good aids here too. I can´t say much more so far because I am playing only very short time so far but this Add-On looks very professionally. So, I think I will return here after receiving some my further experiences. smile.gif worthy.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
5 страниц V < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ответов(40 - 59)
ALexusB
сообщение Nov 25 2005, 18:16
Сообщение #41

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

Seaward TeamЖелезный Профессор

Everything is good when everything is correct smile.gif
Thanks for trying.
But some explane
1. Update of addon has some need to do after set on. Need to set settings on default set yours exit game, start new one - when they be set corret in any time later
2 Nonlinear, pay save, complex level, hardcore are set only for new game
3. Battle mode, help abord can be change in game process

So you have only fast battle but not nonlinear cannon

All ranges of cannon you can always check in shipyard when buing new cannons
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 29 2005, 04:42
Сообщение #42

матрос

Hi, all In the course of moving into any new location in the game, all the movement stops for several second, sometimes even for about 15 second as I can estimate and all the music gets stuck too somehow in the course of this transition. It is quite upleasant. Do you plan some optimalization of engine or is it appearing only on my computer? sad.gif
+Quote Post
ALexusB
сообщение Nov 29 2005, 12:05
Сообщение #43

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

Please, send me your savegame with it in .rar onto PM
We have no any ablity to check and fix it without savegame with troubles
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 29 2005, 12:56
Сообщение #44

матрос

I sent it to you by private message but I do´t know whether I did it well. So, you could tell me if you received it. smile.gif
+Quote Post
ALexusB
сообщение Nov 29 2005, 13:20
Сообщение #45

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

I recieve it correct. Thx!
+Quote Post
ALexusB
сообщение Nov 30 2005, 11:26
Сообщение #46

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

Thanks for your savegame again - I found problem now but didn't find solution for old savegame yet. This is kernel problem I can't fix it total but can some hide in time.
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 30 2005, 22:10
Сообщение #47

матрос

Hi, Alex and others. Can you tell me, how can I increase my reputation? I have big penalties because I use the ship of the 2 class but this strenghten corvette is the first better ship that I have. And with it I can resist some attacks somehow and fight a little more successfully. But officers are all the time abandoning me and I must to pay him much money frequently. I would like to hire some officer with high sailing experiences but I can´t find any such person. huh.gif
+Quote Post
delamer
сообщение Dec 1 2005, 02:48
Сообщение #48

пират

Ветеран ФорумаЗаслуженный КорсарНаставник Корсаров

Из: Москва

How can you increase reputation?
Help beggars and Damsel-in-distress, take quests from gubernators, merchants and others, make it without delay, be merciful with captured, patient and correct in dialogs, pay in church.
But it is no easy to find experienced companions- they don't lay on the way. Especially at lover levels of your Hero. Barmens in Taverns may help you, captured pirates captains often very good.
Good choice will be to hire Filosof (Философ). For this you must have high-level ship (you already have it), big cash, really good reputation (see above), and weapon Килидж (try the treasure's hanting). Filosof live on Nevis (Невис)- on the street. He is beggar, but very good in all stuff.
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Dec 1 2005, 03:27
Сообщение #49

матрос

I am trying to do it but it is quite difficult to realize it. I will be trying to add philosopher after he will be willing to go with me. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Strelok
сообщение Dec 1 2005, 17:22
Сообщение #50

капер

Цитата(Rad @ Dec 1 2005, 03:27)
I am trying to do it but it is quite difficult to realize it. I will be trying to add philosopher after he will be willing to go with me.  wink.gif

smile.gif Rad, try new FAQ in English at the following address: http://legend.seaward.ru/eng/faq.htm Hope, it will be of some help for you. 1.gif clap_1.gif drinks_cheers.gif drinks_cheers.gif
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Dec 1 2005, 18:10
Сообщение #51

матрос

Thanks I will read it. I have it already in Russian but my English is better than Russian already, I think. smile.gif
+Quote Post
bullet
сообщение Dec 2 2005, 02:22
Сообщение #52

Старый пират

Ветеран ФорумаЗаслуженный КорсарЗнаток Игр Сиварда

Из: Петроград

Цитата(Rad @ Nov 30 2005, 22:10)
Can you tell me, how can I increase my reputation? I have big penalties because I use the ship of the 2 class but this strenghten corvette is the first better ship that I have. And with it I can resist some attacks somehow and fight a little more successfully. But officers are all the time abandoning me and I must to pay him much money frequently. I would like to hire some officer with high sailing experiences but I can´t find any such person.  huh.gif

Hi, Rad smile.gif
Could you clarify what are you talking about? Reputation or authority?
Reputation means how people percieve the hero in accordance to his actions.
There're several levels of the reputation and you can find name of each one above hero's avatar. Reputation bar locates in the same place.
Authority is a skill that has influence on several abilities of the hero. The skill is on top of marine skills pool, and might be developed through "people managment" in battles. I mean it develops as fast as many guys you have in your crew.
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Dec 2 2005, 02:55
Сообщение #53

матрос

Hi, Bullet. I meant authority. I am trying to fulfill the quests for church and it help somehow a little. But it improves very, very slowly. And please, could you tell me how I could build some my post at Cayman or Terk? I sound very interestingly for my ears. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Strelok
сообщение Dec 2 2005, 10:30
Сообщение #54

капер

Цитата(Rad @ Dec 2 2005, 02:55)
Hi, Bullet. I meant authority. I am trying to fulfill the quests for church and it help somehow a little. But it improves very, very slowly. And please, could you tell me how I could build some my post at Cayman or Terk? I sound very interestingly for my ears.  smile.gif

smile.gif At some tavern in the archipelago youn can find either a thin old man with a beard, or a man usually in green ves with broun beard and moustache or a fat guy in red vest with moustache. They begin to speak about a possibility to find a quite harbor and so on. Speak to them. They are architects and they would make a proposition about erection of a town somhere. After you make a deal with one them and paying an advanced sum equal either to 175 or 125 or whatever you and go either to Kaiman or Terks. (Better begin with Terks. The final town is bigger.) Their harbors will fit for constrcution. A more elaborayterd discription of construction of a town in a new colony you can find in the FAQ (english version is available, its address is shown in the forum) smile.gif Additionally I may say that for the materials and slaves you will need to spend a considerable sum of money: about one million will do. After erecton of the first village appoint a mayor, fort officer and make a new deal with the architect in the tavern about further upgrade of the villade up to a settlement with a fort and later a small town and after that a big town. Right after first erectioon of the village is accomplished and you have appointed the a myor speak to him about employment of a tavern owner, a shop keeper and (later) create a ship yard anbd hire a priest (the priest may take place on Terks, only). They will take their places one month later or a bit later. To have your own store with the mayor you must have perk "Customs" ("Таможня"). From that store you will be able to take some provisons and goods free and to save your loot until some time if you don't want to sell it immediately. You wont be able to meet the fort commander after his appointement (for appointment of the mayor there is a dialogue: "I want to speak about your promotion" ("Я хочу поговорить о твоем повышении", and for the fort commander the dialogue begins with words "It concerns defense of the fort" ("Это касается защтииты форта"). And once more read the FAQ, the section related to erection of a town. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Dec 2 2005, 12:08
Сообщение #55

матрос

Thanks. As I can see it this will be a matter of the far future for me. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Strelok
сообщение Dec 2 2005, 13:30
Сообщение #56

капер

Цитата(Rad @ Dec 2 2005, 12:08)
Thanks. As I can see it this will be a  matter of the far future for me.  wink.gif

smile.gif It all depends upon money avaialbility and how soon you will be able to meet an architect. smile.gif Of course it is better if you have two or three big ships with great carrying capacity to carry the materials. Do not forget that the slaves (you will have to buy them on Nevis) must be brought as the last ones and immediately after that add some food stuff to the architect store so they (slaves) do not kick the bucket. If you have some food reserve you will have more time to earn more money and experience additional adviventures at sea. It is riasonable to leave about 2000 portions of food with them. Closer to the end of constrcution (when the village or town is 90 % ready and even earlier during the subsequent upgrades of the settlement but the period of construction may take some more time) it is possible to retrive some of them and pass them over to the mayor store as the reserves for future construction to save money. Later you may bring some store to your island and keep them at the store for future needs and selling. Make a good reserve of planks (the most bulky and heavy, so bring them to the store whenever you can do it), bricks, ivory and redwood and slaves (the latter may either be caprtured from other ships during grappling or bought on Nevis because there their number on sale is the greatest or they may be taken form the surrendered sailors after grappling). Good luck! smile.gif drinks_cheers.gif
+Quote Post
delamer
сообщение Dec 3 2005, 16:57
Сообщение #57

пират

Ветеран ФорумаЗаслуженный КорсарНаставник Корсаров

And one last thing.
The more slaves (and food) you have, the faster will be construction process.
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Dec 7 2005, 16:42
Сообщение #58

матрос

Hi, all. I would like to ask where I can buy slaves the best of all. I know that they are in Nevis but maybe there is some other more favourable place for that. wink.gif
+Quote Post
ALexusB
сообщение Dec 7 2005, 17:00
Сообщение #59

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

Other place is only open sea or captured forts
+Quote Post
сообщение Dec 7 2005, 17:45
Сообщение #60

Гость

Цитата(Rad @ Dec 7 2005, 16:42)
Hi, all. I would like to ask where I can buy slaves the best of all. I know that they are in Nevis but maybe there is some other more favourable place for that.  wink.gif

...slaves (the latter may either be caprtured from other ships during grappling or bought on Nevis because there their number on sale is the greatest or they may be taken form the surrendered sailors after grappling).

I thought I gave you a quite adequate reponse, did not I?
+Quote Post

5 страниц V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic