Seaward.ru

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

> Impression from the playing of this Add-On
Rad
сообщение Nov 17 2005, 14:09
Сообщение #1

матрос

I think I can say I am a frequent player of PoTC and especially the game with various versions of Builds and Modpacks. Now I started to play for the first time your AlexusB´s Add-On, so that I can do some comparing the both of it. As I can feel and experience from my short playing, both mods are completely different.
The community of PoTC modders at PiratesAhoy is completely open and anybody can become a modder and almost anybody can put into game his/her mods and ideas which I think isn´t good system because various people has various tastes and opinions on various matters what about the game concerns and I think all the quality of Builds and Modpacks suffer by that quite significantly. By my opinion there almost don´t exist any conception how this game and modding should look like in the future and what are the main goals of all this modding. Speaking it a little differently it seems to me all this modding of Builds and Modpacks don´t have any concrete conception and everything proceed spontaneusly and in an uncoordinately way. When I play the PoTC with Builds I play all the time the same game with stupid plot about the Black pearl. The game is still the same, fortunately with many good improvements, but anyway it is all the time the same game.

On the other hand when I started to play this AlexusB´s Add-On, I immediately have felt I am in completely new and different game. I am very glad the game is hard for playing and despite of that well balanced ( as I can see so far) and that your community of modders is somehow close (I think) because the more modders do mods for this game the more bugs and strange ideas are implemented into the game that are anyway discarded in the end after some time. I like your new music, interface, very advanced system of enhancing of heroes and so on. Only it seems to me the game is somehow unstable and vulnerable for crashing at least at my computer. Mybe it is caused by combination of my English version of the game and your Russian Add-On, I don´t know. But I think I am able to settle up with that. What I like very much here is playing cards and cubs ( poker system) in the taverns for money. It is really great performed and designed and it is some good way to get money at lest in the early stadium of playing. I am amazed because of extent of jungles of island where I almost lost at Hispaniola. And the maps are very good aids here too. I can´t say much more so far because I am playing only very short time so far but this Add-On looks very professionally. So, I think I will return here after receiving some my further experiences. smile.gif worthy.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
5 страниц V « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ответов(60 - 79)
Strelok
сообщение Dec 7 2005, 17:50
Сообщение #61

капер

Из: Москва

Цитата(Rad @ Dec 7 2005, 16:42)
Hi, all. I would like to ask where I can buy slaves the best of all. I know that they are in Nevis but maybe there is some other more favourable place for that.  wink.gif

Post № 60 belonged to me, i.e. Strelok. I do not know why but forum has shown me as an unregistered guest. I hope, it will not be repeated again.
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Dec 8 2005, 08:12
Сообщение #62

матрос

How can I build my own colony when I am bringing all the time slaves from the Nevis to Cayman but every time they rise up and I must kill about one half of them and furthermore they constantly die at Cayman. So, all the time I deliver the slaves to Cayman but they die again and again. I can´t reach the needed number of 400 of them there. I lost almost all my money already. I am disgusted about that. sad.gif
+Quote Post
ALexusB
сообщение Dec 8 2005, 10:10
Сообщение #63

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

Seaward TeamЖелезный Профессор

you need more crew (bigger ship) to collect slaves (crew must control slaves)

In next version slaves will rise up more seldom then now
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Dec 8 2005, 14:28
Сообщение #64

матрос

I suspected it is this way. If only the slaves didn´t die so abundandly when are on the spot already under the control of architect. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Strelok
сообщение Dec 8 2005, 17:58
Сообщение #65

капер

Цитата(Rad @ Dec 8 2005, 14:28)
I suspected it is this way. If only the slaves didn´t die so abundandly when are on the spot already under the control of architect.  wink.gif

huh.gif Dear Rad, did you read my post # 56? Quote "...Do not forget that the slaves (you will have to buy them on Nevis) must be brought as the last ones and immediately after that add some food stuff to the architect store so they (slaves) do not kick the bucket. If you have some food reserve you will have more time to earn more money and experience additional adviventures at sea. It is riasonable to leave about 2000 portions of food with them. Closer to the end of constrcution (when the village or town is 90 % ready and even earlier during the subsequent upgrades of the settlement but the period of construction may take some more time) it is possible to retrive some of them and pass them over to the mayor store as the reserves for future construction to save money." To avoid the slaves revolts you MUST have a big ship WITH BIG crew. Bring the slaves all at the same time. Otherwise they shall keep dying. sad.gif smile.gif
Later accumulate their number in the store of the mayor of your colony: you may get them after capturing ships and buying them gradually on Nevis when you are there smile.gif
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Dec 8 2005, 19:10
Сообщение #66

матрос

Strelok, I read your post. And I added together with my first round slaves the maximum quantity food to archtitect, but after my second arriving here with further slaves, aproximitely the half of them is always dead. The problem is I have only fregate so far and I can´t deliver all the needed number of 400 slaves in one delivery. So, I abandoned this building and I will return to it later after my ship will be bigger. It seems to me you didn´t understand my problem from what I wrote above. Maybe I didn´t describe it sufficiently detailed. But from Alexus´s answer I think he knows exactly what am I talking about. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Strelok
сообщение Dec 9 2005, 10:52
Сообщение #67

капер

smile.gif
Цитата(Rad @ Dec 8 2005, 19:10)
Strelok, I read your post. And I added together with my first round slaves the maximum quantity food to archtitect, but after my second arriving here with further slaves, aproximitely the half of them is always dead. The problem is I have only fregate so far and I can´t deliver all the needed number of 400 slaves in one delivery. So, I abandoned this building  and I will return to it later after my ship will be bigger. It seems to me you didn´t understand my problem from what I wrote above. Maybe I didn´t describe it sufficiently detailed. But from Alexus´s answer I  think he knows exactly what am I talking about.  wink.gif

smile.gif I very well know what you are speaking about because I made the same mistake before. Do not bring the slaves by rounds. They shall kip dying irrespectfully the amount of food. Try another way: take two or three ships and deliver all slaves at the same time to the architect. AFTER THAT provide greater quantity of food stuff for them. BUT BRING THEM ONLY WHEN ALL OTHER MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED FOR THE ARCHITECT. After that speak to the architect, he would tell you how much time it will take to erect the village. Increase the amount of food stuff up to the level I said before but from time to time return back to the construction site and replinish the stock of the food stuff. smile.gif drinks_cheers.gif
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Dec 17 2005, 04:03
Сообщение #68

матрос

Hi, all. I would like to ask several questions.
1. I am at the 25th level of my experiences now and I have 4 skills at level 100 already. But I still have only heavy frigate but I would like to gain some more powerful ship for example battle ship. But in all shipyards are only some lower classes ships. So, where can I acquire some better ship ?
2. I have a map with treasure on Jamaica - Port Royal. I was there and find some entrance to the underground in the house near the market place. I killed many skeletons there and find several chests but there wasn´t any treasure there. Where is the treasure? I read there are two entrances to the treasure but I didn´t find this second one.
3. I still don´t have any letter of marque yet. Can I obtain or buy the English one the other way then by fulfilling several missions for governor? I don´t want to kill smugglers because smuggling is the best way how to earn the money for me. Can it be somehow bypassed?
4. I had a first mate officer but once he was killed in some skirmish. And I can´t find any new one (first mate) Where I could hire a new one? sad.gif

And I would like to wish you all Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

drinks_drunk.gif drinks_cheers.gif
+Quote Post
ALexusB
сообщение Dec 17 2005, 10:35
Сообщение #69

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

1 You can take it near island when siege is started Or aboard them from fort guard or take in open sea. So it never sell in shipyards only in navy battle

2 several chests - it is a tresure. Tresure can be differend kind (low-junk; medium - chests, gold; superior - tresure kit, diamond, many chests.
If you can see the prise of chests (15K) you will find what the tresure is wink.gif

3 Panent letter? Two way. First - take tasks by major (city head, not govenour) like kill raders, pirates, smugglers (You can choos any type of task, need not to take all of them). Only tasks of one major will give you prise
Or you can buy it from nation agent on Nevis
4 You can hire him in tavern (find him at sit place or talk barman to find it to you) Or find some quest mate in any location (Filosof, bodygurd-girls, 2 prison pirates)
+Quote Post
incus
сообщение Dec 18 2005, 03:25
Сообщение #70

Железная голова

Seaward TeamВетеран ФорумаЗаслуженный Корсар
Заслуженный Художник
Из: Рига

2. Second underground in cities, like Port-Royal is in the "church" location.
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Dec 18 2005, 10:53
Сообщение #71

матрос

Where exactly, please ? I was there and I didn´t find anything. wink.gif
+Quote Post
incus
сообщение Dec 18 2005, 18:07
Сообщение #72

Железная голова

Заслуженный Художник
Из: Рига

Цитата(Rad @ Dec 18 2005, 09:53) *

Where exactly, please ? I was there and I didn´t find anything. wink.gif

If you go from "Residence" location, this entrance you can find near the corner of the first building (or block)
in "church" location.
+Quote Post
сообщение Jan 17 2006, 13:42
Сообщение #73

Гость

Maybe it's already been answered... Do the "Master, Secret Agent, Trader" and so on you can start out with effect anything beyond your stats and starting items - open new quest possibilities or anything?
+Quote Post
mpiglet
сообщение Jan 17 2006, 14:14
Сообщение #74

боцман

Цитата(Guest @ Jan 17 2006, 13:42) *

Maybe it's already been answered... Do the "Master, Secret Agent, Trader" and so on you can start out with effect anything beyond your stats and starting items - open new quest possibilities or anything?

As far as I know there are the following differences:

- Secret Agent gets 2 extra skill pts (he starts with 6 in all stats that you can re-distribute the way you see fit), but has the worst initial equipment (knuckles+the worst looking glass), which matters little as compared to these bonus skill points.
The rest of the characters get exactly the same amount of skill pts (and you can also re-distribute these) but differ in terms of initial equipment - some get better weapons and/or healing potions than others - these diffferences aren't material though. Also you can change character's affiliation (flag), too, so there ain't much of difference unless you prefer to play with ready-made characters without changing stats/flag.

- Jack Sparrow has one initial perk (Jolly Roger flag) + ransom (13K, Spaniards if I remember this correctly) (developpers mentioned that so far only Jack's character has prebuilt features, perhaps they meant exactly this). There is also a specific Blaker's quest (whereby you get a 5 or 6 lvl ship almost for nothing), but it is available to any character starting on Nevis, thus this ain't Jack's unique feature, I guess.

The next installment of the mod (due any day now) will introduce more differences (f.ex. if you choose a Merchant you won't be able to lower his Intelligence stat down to a certain treshold - i.e. the character profession will matter in terms of S.P.E.C.I.A.L. skill distribution)

Enjoy.
+Quote Post
сообщение Jan 25 2006, 03:13
Сообщение #75

Гость

I just got the update, yep. I started a new game and got a couple minutes into it before my computer froze (problem on my end, nothing to do with the game), but only noticed one new thing - the option at the beginning to turn town/governor quests on or off... couldn't find out whether that meant the patents or the "malenkoe deltso" of the governors, and I dunno why you would want to do that... so what all is new in it?
+Quote Post
ALexusB
сообщение Jan 25 2006, 10:20
Сообщение #76

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

You had looked too small
Read new feature list to see total changes
+Quote Post
navy
сообщение Jan 25 2006, 10:25
Сообщение #77

Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

Из: Волгоград

This option "Nations quests" if switched off allow you play in dynamicly changed world, where nations and your Main Character can take capture colonies. But you don't have quests for nations (English, Spain)
+Quote Post
сообщение Jan 25 2006, 16:26
Сообщение #78

Гость

ok i read the list... frankly? wasn't really worth giving up my saved games to update. where are the textures for the new items/skills?
also, since installing the update i can't get past the first boarding deck on any ship. it doesn't give me any "unlock" option.
+Quote Post
delamer
сообщение Jan 27 2006, 01:24
Сообщение #79

пират

Ветеран ФорумаЗаслуженный КорсарНаставник Корсаров

Your installation is incorrect. Please, reinstall.
+Quote Post
сообщение Jan 27 2006, 05:31
Сообщение #80

Предупреждения:
(0%) -----

I'll try reinstalling the update...

But also, a new problem for now: The times I am boarding that I don't get the lack of next-deck, I and all the enemies are started in some central point down in the water beneath the deck, without the ability to move. From my own experience modding I think this has to do with a script calling for a locator (say of the type reload or rld) that's not in the model.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

5 страниц V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic