Seaward.ru

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

> Questions about gameplay, Just ask and have an answer
ALexusB
сообщение Dec 23 2004, 13:47
Сообщение #1

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

Seaward TeamЖелезный Профессор

You can ask any questions about add-on here
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
13 страниц V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ответов(140 - 159)
bullet
сообщение Nov 11 2005, 21:47
Сообщение #141

Старый пират

Ветеран ФорумаЗаслуженный КорсарЗнаток Игр Сиварда

Из: Петроград

Цитата(Rad @ Nov 11 2005, 21:30)
Thank you very much but you didn´t name files "instal_twn.rar", "res_boat.rar" and "resource_town_c.rar" . What about these files?  smile.gif

these are additional options, which bring some improvements/changes into the game. Not in gameplay. I mean new textures of towns (1st is installer, and 3rd is textures), plus boat, which becomes full of guys.
To install them you need to download and extract resource_town_c.rar into the main folder of the game. Then extract and run instal_twn.rar
For new boat you should extract the file(folder) where you want, find there two files (textures and model) and put them into corresponding folders (Textures and MODELS) that you can find in the RESOURCE one.
===========
I forgot. To activate new textures of towns you should switch on the button named "Доп.ресурсы" before you start new game. This button is in Settings ("Настройки")
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 12 2005, 05:18
Сообщение #142

матрос

Thank you very, very much. I managed to install it on my English European Add-On and it works. I am very glad. I hope it will be great experience and entertainment for me. I never hoped it would work but it works (at least so far). laugh.gif smile.gif
+Quote Post
Strelok
сообщение Nov 12 2005, 10:35
Сообщение #143

капер

Из: Москва

Цитата(Rad @ Nov 12 2005, 05:18)
Thank you very, very much. I managed to install it on my English European Add-On and it works. I am very glad. I hope it will be great experience and entertainment for me. I never hoped it would work but it works (at least so far).  laugh.gif  smile.gif

There is one mopre thing you would have to do: after installation of the game create the copies of files "options"; "config" and "engine" into some directory as a back up. The fact is that sometimes because of engine errors the these files in the game get damaged and after a long playing time and many "saves" and "loads" there are some changes in them . The game just stops responding and it returns the game back to the table. If it happens, copy the back up files into the game directory and they automatically replace all the damaged files with the ones from the "back up" directory after pressing button replace . The game will be restored. Good luck! 1.gif
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 12 2005, 13:40
Сообщение #144

матрос

Hi, all, I am a new here. Yesterday I managed to install somehow this AlexusB mod and I started to play but after I set out from Nevis to the sea and wanted to land at any other island my game crashed. I probably did some mistake in the course of my installation. When I unpacked those downloaded files data 1.slb, data2.slb, data3.slb, data_upd2.slb, data_upd3.slb and setup.rar into one directory and tried to push setup_addon.exe it doesnt work. For that reason I copy all the these upacked files into the main game and then it started work. But in the course of sailing and landing anywhere the crashes in the form of black screen appeared. Why I couldn´t perform setup_addon.exe? Is it necesary to run this exe file or is it sufficient to copy these unpacked files into one directory and after that to recopy them into basic game as I did? Please, could you advise or better could you describe all the installation more detailed for me once again? I would be very thanful. sad.gif
+Quote Post
lis+
сообщение Nov 12 2005, 14:30
Сообщение #145

Кэп

Ветеран ФорумаЗаслуженный Корсар
Из: Рига

Цитата
When I unpacked those downloaded files data 1.slb, data2.slb, data3.slb, data_upd2.slb, data_upd3.slb and setup.rar into one directory and tried to push setup_addon.exe it doesnt work.

What doesn't work? Can you run setup_addon.exe? Did you see this window?

Цитата
For that reason I copy all the these upacked files into the main game and then it started work.

I don't thing Alexus wrote these tool for nothing smile.gif You have to install the game with this tool. It is not enough to overwrite the files smile.gif
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 12 2005, 14:52
Сообщение #146

матрос

Oh, I know it. But I have some problems on my computer with installing it because maybe of difficulties with language coding but in the end I managed it and installed it. I would like to ask yet whether these new towns and textures work well without some substantial problems and whether it is worthy to install them . Even though I am playing constantly game with Builds and Modpack this your Russian mod is a little different and my computer have some difficulties with language coding so I think from that originate some my problems with installation. So, please, be patient with me. smile.gif
+Quote Post
lis+
сообщение Nov 12 2005, 15:03
Сообщение #147

Кэп

Follow these steps, and everything will be OK.
1) install fresh copy of POTC (for example, c:/games/POTC);
2) copy 6 files of the main setup to some directory and extract setup.rar;

3) run setup_addon.exe;
4) Choose I agree then show the path to your game (for example c:/games/POTC);
5) Press Install and wait for a while. At the end of the setup you should see the message, that everything has finished OK;
6) Run the game with the default settings.
7) Play for a while. If there will be no problems, I will say how to install new textures end models.

Good luck! smile.gif
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 12 2005, 16:32
Сообщение #148

матрос

Game is working, I think, but when I want to install the new towns the partially unreadable table appears. So I don´t know exactly what destination directories to choose on both lines. And the same difficulties I had in the case of installation of all Add-On. You can see it isn´t too easy for me on my computer. So, could you send me this table for installation of towns yet where will be showed what should be choosed? smile.gif

Прикрепленные изображения
Прикрепленное изображение
+Quote Post
lis+
сообщение Nov 12 2005, 17:07
Сообщение #149

Кэп

You're welcome smile.gif

But first you should copy files from the archieve resource_town_c.rar to game's directory and only then run the setup.
And as bullet said yesterday, you should check the option "Дополнительные ресурсы" in the game settings.

Yes and leave the default "инсталятор" a_m_v1
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 12 2005, 17:51
Сообщение #150

матрос

And should I have to leave this directory C:\gama\seadogs2 or should I select directory with my game C:\Hry\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of Caribbean ? smile.gif
+Quote Post
SaNiTaR
сообщение Nov 12 2005, 18:02
Сообщение #151

Из: Зеленоград

Цитата(Rad @ Nov 12 2005, 17:51)
And should I have to leave this directory C:\gama\seadogs2 or should I select  directory with my game C:\Hry\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of Caribbean ?  smile.gif

Of course you should select directory with your game... smile.gif

This (...C:\gama\seadogs2...) is only an example...
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 12 2005, 18:16
Сообщение #152

матрос

Thanks, I considered it some helping directory because in some cases is used something like that. Now I think I have everything what I have needed about the installation. smile.gif
But the game seems to very difficult and I don´t know how many things should be adjusted here. Cannons shoot on very short distance and their charging take extremely long time. And is it better to leave captain difficulty or adjust the most easiest difficulty? And what are the diferences between choosing of corsair or adventurer or anything different yet? And is there any English or Russian walktrough? I know, many stupid questions but this game is completely different from Builsds versions and it is good because in is something completely for me. smile.gif
+Quote Post
ALexusB
сообщение Nov 12 2005, 21:26
Сообщение #153

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

http://legend.seaward.ru/faq.htm

walktrough
http://legend.seaward.ru/faq2.htm
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 14 2005, 16:48
Сообщение #154

матрос

Thank you. I would like to ask something. I bought a Tartanas and wanted to sail with my goods somewhere but many ships chase me and when I push the button escape from the battle, it doesn´t work. How should I resove these situations? Is there any option for adjusting? smile.gif
+Quote Post
ALexusB
сообщение Nov 14 2005, 17:27
Сообщение #155

Разработчик ВМЛ-КВЛ

Are you sure the button is not disabled?
+Quote Post
bullet
сообщение Nov 14 2005, 17:38
Сообщение #156

Старый пират

Цитата(Rad @ Nov 14 2005, 16:48)
Thank you. I would like to ask something. I bought a Tartanas and wanted to sail with my goods somewhere but many ships chase me and when I push the button escape from the battle, it doesn´t work. How should I resove these situations? Is there any option for adjusting?  smile.gif

Seems you have lots of enemies... smile.gif Check relationship between nations and your hero in the "nation" menu... smile.gif
Possibility to avoid battles depends on the sailing level and some specialized capabilities of the hero (perks), which he could activate getting an experience during the game...
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 14 2005, 17:55
Сообщение #157

матрос

Hi mates. Alexus, I am no sure of anything but I don´t know where it can be adjusted so as I could sail away instead of started the battle. I only bought a little goods and want deliver it goods to smugglers but I have no chance in those severe conditions. smile.gif
+Quote Post
bullet
сообщение Nov 14 2005, 21:08
Сообщение #158

Старый пират

Цитата(Rad @ Nov 14 2005, 17:55)
I don´t know where it can be adjusted so as I could sail away instead of started the battle.

Rad
You can't use this button until your hero became experienced enough... You need to gain sailing level at least 30-40+ (for instance).
Hope, you know how it could be done... smile.gif
And for the beginning I can only advise you offen to change map mode to sea mode, when you see some ship chasing your one.
+Quote Post
Rad
сообщение Nov 15 2005, 02:43
Сообщение #159

матрос

All the playing seems very difficult for me. I am starting for the fourth time and I am not able proceed in the game. Every time something is wrong in my style of playing.

I would like to ask: Why I am not able to set the difficulties at sailor from captain and disable "pay for save/load"? Every time when I set it, it is reversed back to captain and enabling of this "pay fo save/load". I am already unhappy for that. sad.gif

And I can´t really use the button "sail away" and can only use start battle? sad.gif

And by the way what food the sailors need. I have wheat on the board but they they constantly dying from starving and amnount of wheat didn´t reduced yet. sad.gif
+Quote Post
сообщение Nov 15 2005, 04:29
Сообщение #160

Предупреждения:
(0%) -----

Hi Rad,

Цитата(Rad @ Nov 15 2005, 02:43)
I would like to ask: Why I am not able to set the difficulties at sailor from captain and disable "pay for save/load"? Every time when I set it,  it is reversed back to captain and enabling of this "pay fo save/load". I am already unhappy for that.  sad.gif

You need to set all these conditions before you start a new game, that is, even before you select your player character. You can't change these settings during the course of a game.

Цитата
And I can´t really use the button "sail away" and can only use start battle?

As bullet mentioned...

Цитата
You can't use this button until your hero became experienced enough... You need to gain sailing level at least 30-40+ (for instance).

This latest version of the Sea Legend Add-on has a strong experience based RPG element...the more you use those specific skills the quicker they improve. Yes, it's tough at the start but this makes for a deeper more challenging gaming experience. My character's sailing skill is at 29 at the moment and I still can't use the "sail away" option yet. I usually either go to sea mode before they can catch me (i.e. if I don't want to be caught) or just out sail them with speed and/or manoeuvre if it goes to sea battle mode (tack upwind, as most pursuers can't keep up).

Get a Fast Lugger as soon as you can (a few transport passenger missions should give you good money towards a purchase) and then you'll be able to out pace or out manoeuvre most other vessels, and be able to engage them, too. You can then start to really improve your ship skills.

Hope this helps, matey.

Cheers drinks_cheers.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

13 страниц V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic